Tuesday 3 December 2013

the skin

She told me she’d leave
In that empty car park
She pushed up my sleeves
And screamed
And then she took what I had left
And walked away from me
She took the love
I hadn’t wasted
And screamed aloud
She yelled and anger flew from her eyes
She loved me
And hated me
She held me
And pushed me away
I held her
And she cried
I loved her
I loved her not
She took my scars
And ripped them further apart
While I took her heart
And sold it to feelings
Too young, too premature
Nothing could be said
Nothing undone
She couldn’t stand, she couldn’t sit
She lay with me
But left inches between us
She kissed me
With an empty mouth
Hands wouldn’t touch
We lay in silence
For most of the night
Staring at the ceiling
Not daring to touch
She cried
Until the sun came up
I wiped her tears
But she wished I didn’t
She left
Rotting goodbyes
And decaying kisses
Were stuck on my cheeks
And the day fell apart
On the skin of my arms

No comments:

Post a Comment