Tuesday 3 December 2013

i am the grave, i am her grave

Black clouds and the ground whispers
From where she stands
Here I lie
A coffin has been built
One for me
One for you
Should we accept?
Or run away?
Here are her pale lips
And her sodden hair
She stands
Two flowers in hand
I turn my head
And pretend I don’t see
The red raw eyes
That clench the veins
To my heart and all goes deaf
I cannot hear her cries
Or my repeated replies
She begs to stay
And I push her off
I say sorry
For the slaughter
Of a daughter
I had once called mine
Time leaves imprints
On this skin of mine
Her age is written
In those weary eyes
And she has wasted away
All that remains
Is the love she has to give
But I refuse to take
She is my home
The only one I have ever known
Ever wanted, ever loved.
She is the breath that leaves my lungs
And the anger situated in my heart
The longing, the shame, feelings are
Immersed with her
And I feel nothing
Without her
But I am the killer
I am the murderer
Of her heart
I’ve slayed the daughter
I’d once called mine
She is but a shadow
That creeps within
And moves without
A body, a carcass
The living feed off her
And I too
She calls upon me
Pleads for me
But I forsake her
And she stands
Cold, alone
And without a place
To call her own
I am the grave
I am her grave
Two paths split
But remain joint
For neither promises
A land beyond this

No comments:

Post a Comment