Tuesday 3 December 2013

death will contain less than this

Perhaps she didn’t care
Or didn’t understand
But she left me standing there
Alone with my mind
And I wept for her face
For my own disgrace
I was alone
All alone
All alone
In this worthless place
I stood
I spoke
I ate
And slept
But all that made me
Was the lusty red fire
That waltzed within me
I was not worthy
I was not sane
I despised the ground
And what was all around
She stitched up my spine
Casually glued the parts
Of my broken insides
She was disinterested in my words
Too vague, too absurd
That hard black cloud is
Sinking down
I see it clouding
Up this ground
I say I will survive
But heaven help me
I see no way out
Tomorrow is blank
Today is blank
What can be more delightful?
Then all this
Blurred out days
With blurred out people
I see no use
In standing on this earth
I comb my insides
For something to go
Something to move me
To please me
But I find nothing
But a slate
Saying:
GO BACK
So I conclude
I am nothing
After all
Nothing to this place
Nothing to that place
Just a number
Another unavailable space
Perhaps death
Will contain less then this
As Bukowski said

No comments:

Post a Comment